Thursday, December 5, 2013

Talledega Motor Speedway~

Date: October 20, 2013 
Okay, so watching little cars race around in circles for hours doesn't exactly sound like a good time to me.  Unlike Brady, I guess I've just never been too impressed with fast cars (now fast runners-they impress me.  But, that's another post.) ;)  Add in the prospect of the deafening noise reducing my little ones to tears and I just about  decided to stay home.   I'm SO glad I didn't.

    Anthony's instructor had landed the whole seminar and their families pretty amazing seats

                                                         right across from pit row!

 
 
 
My boys were ecstatic! In addition to that, we had a friend at church who told us he would be working at the speedway that weekend and he told us to give him a call when we got there.  Little did we know what credentials and the equivalent of an all-access pass could do for you!


Oh my goodness!


                                 For starters, we went for a helicopter ride over the track!.

 
 
Look at that smile!
 
 
 
Brady was all business.
 
 
 
The views were spectacular!
 
 


                           And as if that weren't enough,  all (ALL!) of us piled in for a ride...
 
 
 
   to the INFIELD!
                                 



 



We stayed in the infield long enough to watch the warm up and first few laps of the race.
Let me just say those cars are FAST and LOUD!  What an amazing experience!




                     And, we even managed to get the only family picture we'd taken all year!
                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment